Mineral water, as the name suggests contains several minerals. We all know the importance of staying hydrated and how it helps boost our immunity (especially during the ongoing pandemic). But did you know that the right mineral composition in your drinking water contributes largely to the potential health benefits – Yes, mineral water is different from regular water sources like tap water, RO filtered and regular bottled water.
As the coronavirus spreads rapidly, intake of a balanced diet may not be possible due to limited availability of fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy products. During these instances it is extremely crucial to consume mineral-rich water that supplement the dietary intake required for the efficient functioning of the immune system. Most sources of water are not necessarily safe to drink without treatment and added minerals.
Just like Vitamins, minerals are vital for the functioning of our body - they help us strengthen our bones, repairs our system, boost our immunity and regulate our heartbeat. Minerals are not produced by our body and must be derived from food, water and supplements. Some familiar minerals that are often present in natural mineral water or processed water with added minerals include both essential and trace elements like Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium, Bicarbonate, and Iron. Most health problems stem from mineral deficiency in the body.
Here's a look at five benefits of drinking mineral-rich water that can play a critical role in keeping illnesses at bay while boosting your immunity.
- Strengthens the bone - Adequate calcium found in mineral water helps to strengthen the bones and teeth. In addition to its major function of bone health it is also important for the regulation of multiple enzymes and hormonal responses, blood clotting, nerve transmission and heart health.
- Promotes Digestive health - Magnesium is one of the six essential macro minerals found in mineral water and aids acid production that reduces bad bacteria in the gut. Magnesium helps to break food down into smaller parts, helping the entire digestive process and reducing the chances of constipation and other digestives issues.
- Regulates Blood Pressure – Potassium and magnesium have a central role in regulating blood pressure. While magnesium helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and enables functioning of the nerves, Potassium helps the body to get rid of excessive sodium as well protects against muscle cramping.
- Replenish Electrolytes- Minerals like Calcium, Sodium, Bicarbonate, Magnesium, Potassium when they interact with the fluids in our body form Electrolytes. Electrolytes helps keep your nervous system and muscles functioning as well maintain the PH balance. When we sweat, we lose these electrolytes. Drinking water with minerals helps to replenish what is lost and can balance the electrolytes in the body.
- Flushes off Toxins – Minerals play a key role in getting rid of toxic foreign material from the body through the kidneys. It prevents toxin build up which in turn boosts immune function.
Minerals are important for your body to stay healthy, however, intake in large doses can be equally harmful. When you choose your drinking water it is important to know where your water comes from and the processes followed for purification. Tap water may not be fit for direct consumption while RO filtered water may be devoid of all the needed minerals. Bisleri Mineral water, the most trusted brand in India, goes through scientifically advanced 10-step quality process that removes unwanted particles, excess minerals and salts. The right amount of vital minerals is added to the water making it safe, pure & healthy for consumption. With the ongoing health crisis, it has become even more imperative to choose wisely to ensure adequate mineral- rich water is consumed to support essential physical functions as well as provide vital nutrients to the body.
water passes through a 10 step purification process
and 114 quality tests
to ensure you get purity in every sip. A symbol of goodness, trust and purity, Bisleri has been a household name for decades. A leader in the beverage category, we’re cited as the most trusted brand across 500 categories in India. Our relentless commitment to quality stands true to our promise of providing safe, pure & healthy mineral water to consumers for the last 50 years.